Stock Standard Workshop Safety Rules
- No Running in the Workshop
- Listen to Instructions Carefully
- Take Only What is Needed into the Workshop
- If You Are Not Sure or Confident, then STOP & Ask Your Teacher.
- Only One Person Per Vice (to restrict number of students on benches)
- Always Wear an Apron & If You Have Long Hair, Wear a Hat or Tie it Back
- Only One Person on a Machine at a Time
Rules for Using Tools
Here are a few ‘catch phrases’ that help get the message across with different tools.
- Two hands on the chisel or one hand on the chisel, and one on the mallet.
- If you, or anyone at your bench is using a chisel, wear protective glasses.
- Always use a vice or a clamp